THE FOLLOWING IS CHANGING. WILL BE UPDATED SHORTLY.
The Legal Division of the District Attorney’s Office determines whether accelerated rehabilitative disposition (ARD) is appropriate in an offense of driving under the influence of alcohol (DUI) or any other general crime for which an application is filed.
This is accomplished primarily through the services of an ARD coordinator, who:
- Consults with the district attorney if there is any question on admission into the program
- Determines whether the police and/or victim approve of entry into the ARD program
- Gives notice to all defendants of ARD hearings
- Initially screens all cases for entry into the ARD Program
- Prepares the necessary court orders for entry into the ARD program
ARD Applications may not be emailed or faxed to our office. You may mail your application or you may drop your application off in our office:
Lancaster County Courthouse
District Attorney’s Office
50 N. Duke Street
P.O. Box 3480
Lancaster, PA 17608