Individuals With Insurance
- Insurance: many insurance companies cover drug and alcohol treatment. Contact your insurance company to determine what is covered and proper access to treatment.
- HMO: Many health maintenance organizations (HMOs) provide drug and alcohol coverage. It is important that you follow the correct procedures or the drug and alcohol treatment will not be covered. In most cases, pre-authorization from the HMO is required.
- Medical assistance (MA): You may be eligible for benefits. Contact the Lancaster County Assistance Office for more information.
- Veterans assistance: Most military veterans are eligible for D&A treatment services. Both the Lebanon and Coatesville VA Hospitals provide D&A treatment services. There are also outreach and outpatient programs for veterans.
- Private pay: If you have the ability to pay for your drugs and alcohol treatment, you are able to choose any facility you can afford.
Individuals Without Insurance
The therapist will help you make an appointment to have a financial liability assessment. This will determine how much you have to pay each month for treatment.
If your therapist recommends:
If approved, you may go to one of several county contracted rehabilitation centers, halfway houses, or a partial program. Due to budgetary issues, funding for residential treatment services may be limited.
- Outpatient or intensive outpatient: Stay in treatment with your therapist and pay only the amount of your financial liability each month.
- Residential treatment: Your therapist will call the case management unit of the Lancaster County Drugs and Alcohol Commission to review your case and discuss approval for the payment of these services.